Pacers Running DCXC Invite presented by New Balance 2016
09/26/2016 7:46:16 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Meet director needs to amend the race to the true distance. No way that was 3.1 miles. Runners don't PR in those numbers by over a minute each.
Meet director needs to amend the race to the true distance. No way that was 3.1 miles. Runners don't PR in those numbers by over a minute each.
09/26/2016 1:59:17 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Meet director has reported the distance as 3.07
Meet director has reported the distance as 3.07
09/26/2016 6:04:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jausema They can report all they want but that course isn't even close to 3.07. Your telling me that hundreds of kids had PR's greater than a minute each? Get real.What a joke your meet is.
@jausema They can report all they want but that course isn't even close to 3.07. Your telling me that hundreds of kids had PR's greater than a minute each? Get real.What a joke your meet is.
09/26/2016 9:36:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Conversion from 3.07 to 3.1 would require adding ~12 seconds. For my varsity runners, applying this conversion means an improvement ranging from 15-47 seconds, with an average of 32 seconds, compared with last week at Wake Med. I think this is entirely reasonable. The DCXC course is flat and hard-packed. The weather was better (cooler and lower humidity). The runners benefit from an extra week of training/strategy adjustment. And for what it's worth the course was unchanged, as far as I could tell, from last year - when times were slow enough that we thought the course might be long. It was very windy last year, and the course is all out in the open. I think what this tells us is that weather plays a greater role in performances than we might imagine.
Conversion from 3.07 to 3.1 would require adding ~12 seconds. For my varsity runners, applying this conversion means an improvement ranging from 15-47 seconds, with an average of 32 seconds, compared with last week at Wake Med.

I think this is entirely reasonable. The DCXC course is flat and hard-packed. The weather was better (cooler and lower humidity). The runners benefit from an extra week of training/strategy adjustment.

And for what it's worth the course was unchanged, as far as I could tell, from last year - when times were slow enough that we thought the course might be long. It was very windy last year, and the course is all out in the open. I think what this tells us is that weather plays a greater role in performances than we might imagine.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.